Version question

Started by SGTMILLER, October 27, 2016, 08:02:19 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTMILLER

Recruit
*
Regular
Posts: 116
retired so far
Location: Phoenix, Az
Logged
I just got COD 4 Modern warefare for the PC on the multiplayer screen where you join a game, start a server, select profile.... in the bottom right corner I see 1.0.525 on my iMAC I see 1.7.549 is , I have been looking to find the FFA1server and I can  not see it in the whole list, can anyone assist

{ASA}SGTMILLER
SgtMiller
Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever will lose a war.
George S. Patton

[NF]Obi-Wan

Limited Access
*
Regular
Posts: 107
Logged
You can add the server via favorites and just join it by being in favorites tab, 1.7 is indeed the current version so you should be good. I know there's a problem for diff people with not being able to see certain servers though, you could be one of them.

|FH|Jock Ych

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,302
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Logged
I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer this question as technology isn't my specialty.  I also am not a MAC user.  However, perhaps you need to upload the 1.7 patch.  If you are not recognizing any of the servers it is possible it is an older version (1.6?).  1.6 still has servers listed but they are almost all empty.

The other thing you can do is manually add a favorite by entering the IP address for our FFA:  64.94.101.157:28960

Good luck.  Perhaps others may have other (better) suggestions.  :)  Good luck!

Jock
:jock
"Would I rather be feared or loved?  Easy, both.  I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."   Michael Scott

{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
I'm assuming you can see the server on the Mac, just not on your PC. The server browser does omit servers that don't match your client version.

For the PC, install patch 1.6: https://fhclan.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=9
Then update to 1.7: https://fhclan.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=7
PBBans.com"

SGTMILLER

Recruit
*
Regular
Posts: 116
retired so far
Location: Phoenix, Az
Logged
Quote from: {FH}Pear on October 27, 2016, 09:46:58 PM
I'm assuming you can see the server on the Mac, just not on your PC. The server browser does omit servers that don't match your client version.

For the PC, install patch 1.6: https://fhclan.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=9
Then update to 1.7: https://fhclan.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=7

Thanks I checked back after I had already applied the 1.6 and 1.7 patches, those would be nice to have posted on this board here for other to have easly instead of googling it
SgtMiller
Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever will lose a war.
George S. Patton