no free for all

Started by bub, May 10, 2018, 07:43:04 PM

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  I did the iw3mp swap and got the game going again after seeing what to do here on this forum.  Thanks for that btw.  Now the free for all is not showing in the list for a few days.  Is it down or just me?  The tdm and 30 kills games have no people in them.

{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
What settings do you have for your filters? Also out of curiosity, did you install the CoD4x client after you switched back to version 1.7?

It's showing in the master list for me. The server has not had any downtime for the past few days.
You could also switch from the "Internet" tab at the top to "Favorites", and add the IP manually.
PBBans.com"

|FH|mitsurugi

Clan Leader
*******
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 582
King of Kings
Location: u dont need to know
Logged

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  Ok, will try both.  COD client not sure what that is.  Will look into it though.

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  I could not connect using the ip # for FH free for all, in favorites.  Not sure on the rest of it.  I reinstalled the game from Steam so it should be up to date.  Used the download here for the  iw3mp and I get lots of servers including the FH servers that no one is on.  hmmmm

{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
I can confirm that I can't see it on the master list now, but I can see it in my favorites.

Can you post a screenshot of your favorites page from in-game?
PBBans.com"

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  Tried to do a screenshot, pressed f12 and then looked in the main folder of cod4.  Nothing there.  Not to brag but I donated to the server just before all this crap.  No good deed goes unpunished?

  Just tried to go into the FH mod game in strike.  iw3mp locked up and that ended without getting in. :shit

{FH}zMan

Executive
******
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 579
Imagination is more important than knowledge
Logged
Try connecting using the ip in console
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe



{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
Seen bub in the server just now, glad he got it sorted! :)

Also, FFA1 is showing on the master list again :surfer:
PBBans.com"

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  I uninstalled the game and reinstalled without adding the 'new' iw3mp, just took the download as it was.  I got around 50 servers with ff1 being one of them.  I play that server around 80% of the time, so considering just leaving the settings alone and not adding the iw3mp that is available here.

  Any ideas welcome.  This is getting quite complex.  Saw you lurking Pear and now here. :wave12:

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  So I have all the games back (2 to 3000 of them) and not sure what happened.  I ran one of the games that auto installs the old update and then when it did not work, I went into COD4 and uninstalled one of two iwp3.exe in there and suddenly I have all the games again.  I have to reload the games twice sometimes to get fh free for all.  I go thru Steam to get to the games, not a shortcut to the old version 1.7 iwp3.

  Not sure what happened but glad to have this server back.  Wondering why there is almost no activity on the team match server.  I think there was enough people there one time for me to play, not more than once.


Nightcore

Retired Leader
***
Regular
Posts: 103
Here we are at the end of the road.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Logged
Hey bub,

Since you're using the steam version of the game, follow this video. I had the same issue and what worked for others never worked for me, but this video has allowed me to see pretty much all servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wewYedW6qo&t=321s

- Toku
Beautiful scars on critical veins.

bub

User
Posts: 17
Location: cali
Logged
  Thanks for the link, I watched it.  Might come in handy in the future.  Maybe Steam will do a update in the future, that does not ruin multiplayer.  I can dream right? :MJ: