Map Rotation/Mixing of Maps

Started by CP31, April 11, 2014, 10:29:27 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

CP31

Guest
Logged
Hello Troops

I understand the need to have a variety maps to please everyone playing, however I feel we need a better mix.

The maps are all fine but the lineup is off.

I don't think pipeline, downpour, and district should be in that order.  Shouldn't have back to back to back camper maps.  Mix them in with the other great maps and maybe more people will stay.

The server emptied after pipeline, then downpour came in and I forced a map change by spectating, only to have a third camper map arrive with district.

Just a thought, abuse where required, clean when necessary.  Why girl wants to party all the time because I wear my sunglasses at night.

|FH|Jock Ych

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,302
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Logged
I agree with CP, but I will take it a step further.  When I'm playing and these maps come up we do lose a significant number of players every time.  District doesn't seem to clear the server as much as Downpour and Pipeline.  Downpour seems to be the one that is the worst for causing people to leave.  Perhaps we should consider removing Downpour from the rotation and like CP suggested separate District and Pipeline.
"Would I rather be feared or loved?  Easy, both.  I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."   Michael Scott

Arsonist

Retired Member
*
Regular
Posts: 112
Logged

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Quote from: {FH}Jock Ych on April 11, 2014, 10:35:20 AM
Downpour seems to be the one that is the worst for causing people to leave.  Perhaps we should consider removing Downpour from the rotation and like CP suggested separate District and Pipeline.

Where is the like botton?   :doh:

Downpour is a fun map.. once every other month or week.  Like Wet work is great sometimes, or Creek is great all the time.

|FH|Rusty

Clan Leader
*******
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 722
Logged
Good idea.....how about Ambush to replace Downpour as well as mix up the rotation a little?
"I see dead people"

Cryptocosis

Retired Member
*
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 727
Logged
Quote from: {FH}Aunt Selma on April 11, 2014, 06:44:13 PM
Good idea.....how about Ambush to replace Downpour as well as mix up the rotation a little?

Add china town too

Liked by few, Hated by many, FEARED by all

Rumblefish

Retired Member
*
User
Posts: 47
Logged
I've seen the same thing.  I've found that most people really don't like downpour, and I've easily got the most complaints from others about that one.  I'd be all for switching it out.  My two cents.

Rob101

Retired Leader
***
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,274
Location: nyc
Logged
#7
Okay, i think i've come up with a solution (an idea at least)...







Since we do have guests and admins who enjoy the less popular maps, i'm going to keep them in the rotation BUT i will make it so that they aren't in every turn around the rotation. Maybe i'll make it so they are only played 1 out of every 4 times through the entire rotation.




what do you guys think? This way the maps are rarely played but the players who do enjoy them can still get their fix from time to time. Does this seem like a fair compromise?
PBBans.com"




"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul."

-----Douglas MacArthur

Steam

Retired Member
*
User
Posts: 10
Logged
Quote from: |FH|Rob101 on April 16, 2014, 04:30:00 PM
Okay, i think i've come up with a solution (an idea at least)...







Since we do have guests and admins who enjoy the less popular maps, i'm going to keep them in the rotation BUT i will make it so that they aren't in every turn around the rotation. Maybe i'll make it so they are only played 1 out of every 4 times through the entire rotation.




what do you guys think? This way the maps are rarely played but the players who do enjoy them can still get their fix from time to time. Does this seem like a fair compromise?
Seems reasonable to me, I am still getting familiar with some of the maps and everything so i would like to see some of the less popular ones in the rotation

:cheers:

Rob101

Retired Leader
***
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,274
Location: nyc
Logged
Okay, so i set a new rotation, i made it so that no two less popular maps are back to back and i made it so that the less popular ones will only run once over a long period of time.




I'd love some feedback after its gone around a few times (its a very long rotation btw) :gaming
PBBans.com"




"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul."

-----Douglas MacArthur

|FH|Jock Ych

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,302
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Logged
Nice job, Rob!   :rock

"Would I rather be feared or loved?  Easy, both.  I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."   Michael Scott

CP31

Guest
Logged
I was on two hours this morning and one this afternoon and the rotation was great.

I took off when China came up, gives me a reason to actually work haha

Juiceh

Alias: Juiceh
Retired Member
*
Experienced Regular
Posts: 212
Location: Victoria, Australia
Logged
Well, a majority of players hate both Downpour and Pipeline. I've witnessed several instances where the server was emptied as well. Besides doing what CP and Jock mentioned, I also propose adding Bloc to the rotation if you guys should agree on it. It's a pretty sizeable map and benefits varied styles of playing, namely sniping and the traditional 'run & gun".

Cryptocosis

Retired Member
*
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 727
Logged
Quote from: {FH}Juiceh on April 16, 2014, 07:32:39 PM
Well, a majority of players hate both Downpour and Pipeline. I've witnessed several instances where the server was emptied as well. Besides doing what CP and Jock mentioned, I also propose adding Bloc to the rotation if you guys should agree on it. It's a pretty sizeable map and benefits varied styles of playing, namely sniping and the traditional 'run & gun".

+1 bloc

Liked by few, Hated by many, FEARED by all