Rules for FFA

Started by {FH}Striker, May 20, 2014, 12:53:23 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

{FH}Striker

Senior Admin
*****
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 545
Logged
Just when I think I have a handle or understand the rules on this Forgotten Heroes FFA server.I keep running into conflicts.
I see players and FH members in locations that no way in hell they can get there unless they are resorting to other means.
Could someone be so kind and direct me to your list of rules,so we all know what  to play by.
I have been quoted some rules,and to be very honest its very confusing to me.
I have been playing this COD4 ffa and TDM every since it came out.I have been admin on our two servers about the same amount of time.
If I am confused with my background and knowledge  of various servers and their  rules...Then there might be a little with new players, playing on this server .

For EXAMPLE:
I hear this rule about NO TUBING SPAWNS.
YET I read in the FH FFA SERVER QUOTE: SPAWN KILLING IS ALLOWED.
ARE you saying it's alright to kill a player in a spawn with any weapon,BUT NOT WITH A GRENADE LAUNCHER
ARE you saying you are taking exceptions to the use of tubes on spawns WHEN A PLAYER IS IN THE SPAWN....?
It's my understanding  you are allowed to shoot any player you come across,in a spawn or not in a spawn and with any weapon.
I am not talking about planting CLAYMORES
Now I am not referring to SPAWN CAMPING , to make the kill I understand that.

Like to know where your rules are posted and could someone explain how or why some players FH members are allowed access to certain areas on the maps that we cant get to
I have been wanting clarification,but didn't want to bring this issue up in front of other players,and didn't want to look like I was ARGUING with admin on your server.
THANK YOU }AEK{Striker

Rob101

Retired Leader
***
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,274
Location: nyc
Logged
#1
Quote from: }AEK{Striker on May 20, 2014, 12:53:23 AM

I have been quoted some rules,and to be very honest its very confusing to me.







I'm not sure what was so confusing to you, I told you directly in server not to tube the spawns. Basically, there's no circumstance in which you should be tubing spawns.  I don't understand why you'd have to post here asking for clarification when the owner of the server told you directly not to tube any spawns.







Tubing a spawn is taking advantage of the spawn killing system, its the equivalent of throwing a nade in which the player will have no chance when it explodes on spawn. That's why clays/nades/rpgs and tubes are not allowed on spawn at all.




Shooting into a spawn is cheap but at least the other player has a chance. We've actually debated on removing tubes from the server since many members and guests consider them cheap and don't enjoy playing in the server when players are tubing. Obviously, we haven't disallowed them though.
PBBans.com"




"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul."

-----Douglas MacArthur

{FH}Striker

Senior Admin
*****
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 545
Logged
#2
Thank YOU for the explanation ROB, and for going into a little more detail about the rule.I understand better why you have the rule now.
I felt like I should research the rule and try and get a better understanding  of  the application of the tube, and how it was to be used. The tube is primary weapon I use on your server.
I also felt like I should be able to explain the rule or RULES  to the AEK SCRIM team.

I understand very well the The R.Grenade Launcher is and has become a serious issue with some  players.
We DO NOT allow them on our AEK servers.
That's why I like playing on the FH FFA server so much and to the tune of 750 times.

Is there a rule about players getting to spots on the maps that are not available in normal play  ?

When you explained it before, it seemed like a conflict, and I wanted to try and read the rule for myself.I don't ever recall seeing the  rule pop up while playing, like I have with the other rules. NO tubes on spawns.
Did not mean to allow my confussion to give you the impression I was doubting your authority or taking issue with your rule .
Please except my Personal apology.

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Quote from: }AEK{Striker on May 20, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

Is there a rule about players getting to spots on the maps that are not available in normal play  ?


I never saw this on the server, if a FH member is up there, anyone can go if they know how.  Am I wrong?    Like in Strike, Rob loves to go up in that ''secret'' place, but during the time he tries to go up there he is an easy target LOL   :quagmire:

{FH}spankeem

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,081
Logged
Striker if you can be seen and shot at - then that position is okay.  Its when people use glitches to hide in objects that they cannot be seen or shot, or when they go off the map.  In those instances we should ask the player to get back in the map or out of the object and if after a few verbal requests we would then go down the path of warnings - 3 and then you get kicked for a period of time.

There are all sorts of gems in climbing onto things and getting onto balconies on the maps - I would never have known about them unless I was speccing players.


{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
Quote from: {FH}spankeem on May 20, 2014, 07:52:54 PM
Striker if you can be seen and shot at - then that position is okay.

Close but not quite. If you can see the enemy but they can't see you, or are literally unable to kill you, then it's a no go. Everything else is good to go.
PBBans.com"

{FH}Striker

Senior Admin
*****
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 545
Logged

{FH}spankeem

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,081
Logged
 Close but not quite. If you can see the enemy but they can't see you, or are literally unable to kill you, then it's a no go. Everything else is good to go. [/quote]

Didnt I cover that in the second sentence....albeit without saying "its not okay" : "Its when people use glitches to hide in objects that they cannot be seen or shot, or when they go off the map" 

:95801977:

{FH}spankeem

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,081
Logged
Striker....in your own chilling words....normally called out after "whump" "plop"  :cry:....HOWDY :p

{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
Like I said, very close Spankeem; as it is now, out of map is indeed allowed.  :highfive:
PBBans.com"