Going crazy

Started by {FH}PlatoonLeader, May 24, 2014, 11:38:01 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Since many weeks I have been looking to fix the lag I have.  So today I installed a new SSD.  I saved the folder named "players" in Activision/Call of Duty 4-Moder Warfare/players.  Now I have lost all my perk, stats, etc.

I opened MW1, created a profile, played a round or two and copied the folder in the same location, still nothing.

What is it that I am not doing ok?

Regards, PL

:cry:

kilrbkild

VIP Guests
*
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 621
Kill-Or-Be-Killed
Location: Washington State
Logged
.... I think we should make you join the clan first.... hehehe   :wave12: :wave12: :95801977:   :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :rock :rock
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Thomas Jefferson

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
I think that once I get my Golden Eagle back, you will be the 1st victim.   :bananasex:

Lucas

Retired Member
*
Regular
Posts: 56
Logged
#3
Platoon, it might not be the most orthodox way, but you can always download the config that gives you all weapons, perks, attachments, camos, ect. It doesn't get your exact player back, but at least you don't have to level up anymore and you have everything you need. It might question your ethics, yet it is completely your judgement on wether or not you want to do it.

Apoc

Retired Member
*
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,225
Location: Alantas
Logged
Just troll the spawns harder and you will soon be back up to lvl 55 . Lol
" He thinks that he can challenge me, he can't"

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Quote from: {FH}Apoc on May 25, 2014, 04:52:08 AM
Just troll the spawns harder and you will soon be back up to lvl 55 . Lol

Maybe I will start doing that.

Lucas, I will not use the 'cheat', if I have to I will leve back up. But I will find a way before I have to do that.   Even wounder if PB would detect it?

Thx
:rob

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Found half of my trouble. Since it's a new installation of Windows, and the 1st thing I tried is COD, I had not yet disable UAC
With UAC Disabled:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call Of Duty 4 ? Modern Warfare\players\profiles\(profile name)
With UAC Enabled:
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

No I can only see 128 servers online, I reseted all the seach critiria.  Wath is the command line to join a game? I tried tild ;
join 64.94.101.157:28960
start 64.94.101.157:28960
open 64.94.101.157:28960

I am running patch 1.6

thx   :censored:

Rob101

Retired Leader
***
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,274
Location: nyc
Logged
#7
Our servers are patch 1.7




anyway the command is :  /connect ip:port
PBBans.com"




"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul."

-----Douglas MacArthur

{FH}Pear

Clan Leader
*******
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,121
Logged
See this thread for updating to patch 1.7: http://fhclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1733.0

And like Rob said, its "/connect IP:Port"



Quote from: PlatoonLeader on May 25, 2014, 08:32:53 AM
Even wounder if PB would detect it?

The simple answer is yes, it is detected.
PBBans.com"

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Thanks Rob, did not remember that a 1.7 patch was out. That did the job.  Now, I have tested my ping.. still over 100.  I give up..  I am doomed.   :starwars:

Juiceh

Alias: Juiceh
Retired Member
*
Experienced Regular
Posts: 212
Location: Victoria, Australia
Logged
Quote from: {FH}Lucas on May 25, 2014, 03:11:10 AM
Platoon, it might not be the most orthodox way, but you can always cheat and download the config that gives you all weapons, perks, attachments, camos, ect. It doesn't get your exact player back, but at least you don't have to level up anymore and you have everything you need. It might question your ethics, yet it is completely your judgement on wether or not you want to do it.

Punkbuster kicks for this. I am sure of it.

Lucas

Retired Member
*
Regular
Posts: 56
Logged
I lost my player file a while back in a computer switch, I did it and I'm fine...

kilrbkild

VIP Guests
*
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 621
Kill-Or-Be-Killed
Location: Washington State
Logged
Quote from: PlatoonLeader on May 25, 2014, 12:24:14 AM
I think that once I get my Golden Eagle back, you will be the 1st victim.   :bananasex:

Ok, that's just wrong... Try to be nice to some guys, and BAM, they give it to you!!  :Kicking: Party on Platoon!  :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :cheers:
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Thomas Jefferson

Kain

Retired Member
*
User
Posts: 23
Location: KY
Logged
Heya Platoon. I do know with Win7 sometimes I have to click "Compatibility Files" in the top header inside a dialogue window to navigate for certain files. This option actually leads you to a different directory. I am not sure why there are two separate directories but maybe this can help you with your CoD4 files and anyone else, for future reference? Either way, hope everything is going well.

Kain

{FH}PlatoonLeader

Full Admin
****
Regular
Posts: 120
Logged
Quote from: PlatoonLeader on May 25, 2014, 11:47:35 AM
Found half of my trouble. Since it's a new installation of Windows, and the 1st thing I tried is COD, I had not yet disable UAC
With UAC Disabled:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call Of Duty 4 ? Modern Warfare\players\profiles\(profile name)
With UAC Enabled:
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

Thanks Kain for the reply, I found the trouble.. didn't save the good file from my old HD but still have 100% of all challenges, perks & weapons.  Also, was not on the good patch to join the server.

:gaming