iMAC and COD 4

Started by SGTMILLER, January 15, 2018, 12:02:48 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTMILLER

Recruit
*
Regular
Posts: 116
retired so far
Location: Phoenix, Az
Logged
Ok guys help I have a late 2011 iMAC w/12Gig ram. a steel series Rival mouse and of course head phones to hear my screams of death. right now my FPS are 124, I know this is good Lagometer say 8-9 cg ms is that good, advice within $$$ for a good game system, I have a 50Meg connection with static IP from Cox and  I live Phoenix, Az
SgtMiller
Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever will lose a war.
George S. Patton

{FH}spankeem

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,081
Logged
Hi SGT

I cant help you myself with this but am interested in seeing the advice you receive.  I have no idea about configuration stuff - I am an out of the box player who doesn't bind or use leans (there may be other things I also don't use in terms of movement).

I have a Windows PC, I7 7700K, 32GB ram, GTX1070 and would be interested to know what FPS I should be using (and how to change it).  I live in New Zealand so I average around 170 ping.

Come on FH'ers provide some feedback  :95801977:

{FH}Blah

Executive
******
Experienced Regular
Posts: 239
Logged
Around 8 cg/ms is what I get as well, which is fine, I would recommend a change for FPS unless you mistyped on 125. The best FPS’s are the ones divisible from 1000, so 125, 250, and 333 are the main ones you’ll see. As for building a rig, there are many people here who are more knowledgeable than me, such as Commando and Pear who could help you out
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. -Robert Frost
__________________________________________________________

{FH}zMan

Executive
******
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 579
Imagination is more important than knowledge
Logged
My setup is an amd fx 8320 3.5ghz CPU, 24 gb of ddr3 ram with a gtx 1060 and I can run all of my games on the highest graphics setting without any problems, also my ping is in the range of 140 to 150 and I am from the same city as spanks and his PC is better than mine so it's the difference in internet provider that causes me to have lower ping. I find using 333 fps is nice and smooth for me personally. My setup is full of parts that are generally quite cheap if you buy them separately and build the PC yourself. :gaming
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe



{FH}spankeem

*****
Expert Supreme!!
Posts: 1,081
Logged
Whats the command to check your FPS and then to set it?  And Danny who are you with for your connection?

{FH}zMan

Executive
******
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 579
Imagination is more important than knowledge
Logged
#5
/Cg_drawfps 1 to see your frame rate in game and the same command again with 0 to turn it off if I remember correctly, and to change your fps its /com_maxfps 333 or whatever you wish to set it too like 125 or 250. I'm with orcon on vdsl
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe



SGTMILLER

Recruit
*
Regular
Posts: 116
retired so far
Location: Phoenix, Az
Logged
What are the optimal setting for the game think I got the fps down.
but the settings within the game, I have like show blood is off, shadows on figures turned off, that kinda stuff, it seems some players know where you're at even if your clear across the map from where you were when you killed a player. is there a radar or mini map that shows where players are
SgtMiller
Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever will lose a war.
George S. Patton

Nightcap

Retired Member
*
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 604
Location: Argentina
Logged
Hi SGT, there was a good post from |FH|Goldlike which had the following link.

http://fragkings.nl/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3936

I have used several of the suggestions there for my Configs.

Nightcap
If you run into trouble. Keep on walking

majachii

Retired Member
*
Experienced Regular
Posts: 235
Location: CALI
Logged
if i'm feeling frisky and want to change configs i use cfgfactory.com and browse config files or they have a tab where you can create your own from scrath and have it down to a T. but some of the pro players have in their configs different texts fonts and stuff so i like to use those too.