Thanks for adding me, link to proof of my long distance shot lol

Started by Murica!, July 04, 2018, 04:28:24 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Previous topic - Next topic

Murica!

User
Posts: 2
Location: USA
Logged
Thanks for having me on here.  I am not one for complaining, so you probably won't see me on here often.  Overall, very pleased with the management of the servers. 
Having said that, last night a few FH guys wanted to see proof of my shoot this morning.  I hit a 10" gong at 945.75 yds (not exactly 1000, but working on it).  You can see the video here for proof (includes all of the effects, forgot wind was SW at 4 MPH):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiFzy00RMmo&feature=youtu.be

Pretty excited to hit my shots (6 out of 9 total) as I applied my DOPE for the first time with this rifle.

Anyway, happy 4th to you all and 'Murica on....

Nightcap

Retired Member
*
Seasoned Expert!!
Posts: 604
Location: Argentina
Logged
Hi Murica!, good vid recording!, that should be a nearly 300mts shot. should work for deer hunting.

what bullet was used?


Capster


Quote from: Murica! on July 04, 2018, 04:28:24 PM
Thanks for having me on here.  I am not one for complaining, so you probably won't see me on here often.  Overall, very pleased with the management of the servers. 
Having said that, last night a few FH guys wanted to see proof of my shoot this morning.  I hit a 10" gong at 945.75 yds (not exactly 1000, but working on it).  You can see the video here for proof (includes all of the effects, forgot wind was SW at 4 MPH):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiFzy00RMmo&feature=youtu.be

Pretty excited to hit my shots (6 out of 9 total) as I applied my DOPE for the first time with this rifle.

Anyway, happy 4th to you all and 'Murica on....
If you run into trouble. Keep on walking

Murica!

User
Posts: 2
Location: USA
Logged
308 (which is a NATO 7.62x51)  180 grain.  I just used the cheap Federal Ammo, but it is pretty consistent.  Going to use the 308 WIN Powerpoint (also 180 grain) for deer hunting this fall in Idaho with my buddy.  I used the DOPE table for a 308 rifle with a 24" barrel.  Had to make a slight adjustment, but was in the area the first shot.  Gotta love Arizona, I shoot about three times a week out here.  This area is only 20 minutes from my place...